Friday, February 11, 2011

Colic

I am totally convinced that our Little Grape has colic :( It's like a switch....he is pretty much fine and sleeps/eats well during the day and then around 7-8pm he gets really fussy/gassy and difficult to console. At 6am the switch gets flipped off and he is fine again and sleeps for like 4 hours!

I tried switching him to soy and it has definitely made his dirty diapers much more regular (he was only going 1x a day) and he drinks his bottles better, but still the gas :( I also bought some really amazing stuff called "Colic Calm" which works amazingly for the really bad stuff. Last evening he was just screaming and nothing worked to stop it, so I gave him some and it was almost instantaneous! He stopped screaming and quieted and just sat there looking around. My husband said "wow..I've never seen him do that before!"

I actually got about 3 hours of sleep last night, so better than the night before, but still praying for MORE sleep!! :) LG will actually sleep better if he is laying on my chest which is great for him, but definitely makes sleeping a challenge for me!

He has a visit with his Dad first today, then a separate visit with his mom, and then the FRS is going to take him to a Dr. appt so he will be gone for a large chunk of the day. I am looking forward to a NAP! :)

1 comment:

  1. Our Andrew had severe colic- all day- all night. Never heard of colic calm but sounds amazing!

    Praying for sleep for you....so hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you!! Please keep our names to M. A. and I. so I can post your comment! :)