So I get a random text this evening from...yep, you guessed it...Mr Wonderful Uncle! I have heard nothing from him in 3 weeks and now he wants a visit again. OK...I'll play by the rules. I made sure to emphasize in my text back to him that I will still require he CONFIRM 24 hours in advance or I will assume the visit is cancelled. His response you ask? "Yep!" I will not be reminding him again that he needs a car seat, so if this thing finally does get off the ground I will be interested to see if he has one when we show up!
I am happy that Baby gets to see his siblings and get to know them again, but I am not really looking forward to the face-to-face with this guy.
So what's your guess...will he confirm and will the visit actually take place??? Hmmm.....
My guess is...yes on the phone call to confirm, but to keep control of the situation to show you who's in charge...I think he will NOT have a car seat, just because you told him to. So be prepared to stand your ground. Good luck with his crazy controlling games.
ReplyDelete