Thursday, April 8, 2010

Babbling away!

It has been so much fun to watch Little Man grow and change almost daily! The other day Mr. A and I went into to his room to get him up from a nap. When he saw Mr. A he made an approximation for his name "do-do" Mr. A wasn't so happy it sounded that way, but I told him he should be honored! I wasn't sure if it was just a fluke or not though, until this am when we were all playing together and Mr. A was making Little Man crack up and he was chasing after Mr. A and babbling "do-do, do-do" trying to catch him!

He will repeat consonant-vowels after me such as "mama, dada, papa, baba, etc"

This afternoon I was eating a sandwich in front of him and I wasn't sharing so he got a bit loud. I then gave him a tiny bite of bread and he immediately held his mouth open for more. I have been trying to teach him the sign for more and he watches my mouth. I encouraged him to say it and then he said "mum mum!" I gave him another piece and waited. I kept eating (all the while he has his mouth open wide!) and after a minute he repeated "mum mum." It was so cute! He is recognizing the power of words and communication (young!) It's so fun :)

No comments: