Friday, March 25, 2011

So in love!

Several people have commented on the way Little Grape looks deep into my eyes when I am holding him. I have really started to fall in love with this little guy! It's amazing how God has given us this child who did not come from my body and looks nothing like us, but at the same time it feels likes he's ours. I am so privileged to be able to care for this sweet innocent little baby! It's astonishing to thinks that *I* am the person on this earth who knows this child the best! I know what all of his little sounds mean, I know his habits/schedule, I know what each cry means, I am blessed to be the one who he communicates with! He has started to smile for me and moves his entire sweet body and coos while I talk to him. He hasn't done this with anyone else (yet!) He knows my voice and if I am in the room but not holding him, he will look around and try to find me. If I am moving around he will track me around the room! Today A. was holding him and he started to cry because he just wanted to go to sleep. I walked over to him and talked to him and told him he was ok. He just looked at me like "why aren't you saving me???" LOL! He will cry for my husband and when I take him back he completely calms. It's amazing what a connection God can give two people.


Of course there is reality....I know he isn't mine and he will probably be going to live with his Dad in the next couple of months, but I have peace that I have done ALL that I can to get him started out on the right foot (so to speak!) He knows LOVE, he knows his needs will be met, he knows relationship and all will do when he leaves, but have faith that God will carry us through it!

No comments: