Tuesday, July 16, 2013

FREEDOM!

2 years 5 months and 14 days in our care, but termination of parental rights has FINALLY been achieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Before court the GAL atty came over and told me that bio-dad did not respond to the publication so he will be defaulted today (let me know if you want an explanation on what that means).  Unfortunately the GAL couldn't be there today so she will come to court next Tuesday for her testimony for the MBI.  I will not need to be there for that one, so that means that the next time I walk into court it will be hear where my baby will be living forever!

Today the GAL atty also filed a motion to use their bonding assessment person and the state finally acquiesced.  They have "fit in" there that if they do not agree with the results that  a secondary one can be done.  Sure!  I think any bonding assessment will tell you that he's pretty darn bonded to the people who have been raising him since birth :)  I was told that the Dr. should be able to complete the assessment within the next couple of weeks!!!!!!!  Once we have a report from him then we will be able to schedule the hearing to determine the permanent placement.

Uncle/Aunt were  not at court today and didn't confirm (and therefore missed) their visit last week.  Ok by me :)

The atty said to me that this case is the albatross around her neck...it's never ending.  Ha!  How do you think we feel????? lol! 

One.Step.Closer!

4 comments:

aka. Mimi said...

YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!! :D

mitzy wickersham said...

Happy for you.

Mama P said...

THANK YOU JESUS!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! I know what it is like to live in limbo for years waiting to find out the result of TPR and Manifest Best hearings. Yeah!!!