Thursday, April 18, 2013

Court results

Today was the JR for Choo Choo.  I was not expecting much and hubby often wonders why I go, but today it ended up being worth it :)

They of course reviewed the case...what Mom is not doing...what Dad is not doing and their histories in this case.

Then the GAL atty wanted to know about bio-Dad's visits.  The CM was not in court, but her supervisor was there.  She was not aware of the visits with bio-dad (or lack of) and I am glad that I attended and had the opportunity to speak.  It was nice for the judge during her ruling to look at me and personally ask me if I have everything I need for the child :)  Yes ma'am!

There was a brief mention of the bonding assessment and how a motion will be filed in regards to it.  WHAT????  I asked the GAL later and apparently it's a whole new mess :(  Since the GAL office funded the bonding assessment they had their person set up.  Well...the agency being the agency they are, did not want someone they were familiar with doing it.  So.....the agency decided to set up their own person who the supervisor formally used in another county.  Hhhhmmmm.....so...the way it's being seen is that both parties will have their assessments done by "their" person and then we will battle it out in court.  NICE!!!!!!!!!!  Can we get any more stinkin' absurd in this case????????  Maybe I shouldn't say that huh?!

THEN.....I heard that this will be coming to a close LATER rather than sooner :(  The GAL atty (she is so awesome!!) is only available for like 3 court dates in May and then the judge will be taking personal time off and a "stand in" judge will be taking her place, so the preference will be to WAIT because we do not want a judge who has no clue what's going on in this case making the final ruling!!!!

Trial is still in two weeks and everyone will be there for that ....it's after that where it will be uncertain.  We are all relatively confident in getting TPR, but after that the GAL was told to "prepare your foster mother" (by the atty) because these things OFTEN go in the favor of siblings.  I'm aware of reality....I know that bonding doesn't always win....BUT I KNOW that I serve an AWESOME GOD and what HE wants goes...no matter what.  Of course that could still be that he goes to his aunt/uncle's but then I will rest in knowing that it's God's will.  Easy? NOPE!  Will all the Glory go to God either way? YES!!!!!!!

4 comments:

StarfishMom said...

Why is it dragging on SO long!? Can't they see the ridiculousness in waiting to give this baby a permanent home!!??

Our Journey said...

Preach it! :)

MamaFoster said...

:). I'm hopeful

Brianne said...

Wow! Thankfully Choo Choo has you fighting for his justice. We do serve an awesome God!