Tuesday, February 26, 2013

You can't write this stuff people!

I walked into court 5 min before it was supposed to start (haha...like I mentioned yesterday about the wait). I sat down in a row of 3 chairs with one chair between another woman and myself.  I saw my friend Melissa  who was there for her own case and she came over and we chatted about both our cases for awhile.  In walks Uncle and we said hello as he passed me.  He sat down right next to the other woman and it hit my like a 2X4 in the forehead....It was bio-mom!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so shocked I almost fell over.  She has not appeared in court in literally 2 years and has not seen her son since he was 3 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I figured she got served her papers, but when I spoke to the case worker she said that she had not yet been served.  Bio-dad and her are back together apparently and he told her when the hearing was.  She was given referrals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes...what a great idea!  Let's abandon your child for 2 years then when they threaten to take your rights away...that's when you give a care!

I literally have felt sick all morning.  At the hearing she was officially advised, but Dad was not there because he had to work (gag!) so his TPR advisory will be in a month.  Then we have pre-trial the end of April and the official trial date will be May 2nd.  My brain is having a hard time processing this garbage.  It's just so clear WHO the courts serve.  Seriously?  If this were about Choo Choo this could have been done a long time ago.

So....this weekend is Choo Choo's weekend visit with aunt/uncle.  It will also be a "family" visit with bio-mom and bio-dad (who hasn't seen him since last Oct).  Sigh....I just keep saying that I can't believe this.  The GAL atty was even like "this throws a wrench into things."  The bio-family and aunt/uncle will be working together like never before to keep Choo Choo in "their" family.  LOTS OF PRAYERS NEEDED AND APPRECIATED OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

OH my heart just seriously dropped out of my chest..........

Oh wow.......ON MY KNEES FOR YOUR FAMILY!!!! FOR CHOO CHOO!!!!!!!

Jill said...

UGH....God knows the plan - hold on to that...I will be praying super hard for you all - I can't even imagine!!! This system is so messed up - it's so sad!

Stacy said...

UGH! It is sickening. Foster care is not about the kids, its about the parents and what they deserve. SO. VERY. FRUSTRATING!

Carrie said...

Unbelievable! Praying!

MamaFoster said...

http://www.youtube.com/user/b429


don't give up.

Our Journey said...

I love that song MamaFoster :) Definitely NOT giving up!

Rachael said...

Oh, man. What a trip. I'll keep you all in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe after 2 years they still have rights. I am praying for you and your family