Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Knock me over with a feather!!!!!!

So court today was NOT AT ALL what I expected!!!!!!!!!!  There was more testimony from the GAL supervisor that was with the case until May 2011 and also the GAL that Uncle spoke so candidly to.  Birth-dad didn't have much to say except that he wanted Baby to live with Aunt/Uncle and his biological siblings.

During closing arguments the DA summed things up pretty nicely and made the aunt/uncle look really good.  The GAL did likewise for keeping him here in his current placement.  After all was said and done the judge made her ruling.  She praised the Aunt/Uncle for not taking another child when they couldn't handle it.  She praised me/us for keeping up with all the visits and facilitating all of that.  She said that there is NO REASON to move this child.  MOTION DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO......Baby is not going anywhere!!!!!  Bio-dad still wants a chance to get Baby back. LOL!  Ummm...the judge chastised him and quoted the law books and said this need to be done soon so he better get his "stuff" together YESTERDAY!!!!!!  So now the GAL is planning on filing for termination of parental rights for bio-dad (mom will be so easy to get).  His time clock is ticking fast!!

If looks could kill I'd be dead 3X's over!!!  Aunt/Uncle and Bio-Dad walked out of the court room and kept looking back me.  They were giving me death-looks before court even started!  Bio-dad and Uncle went out in the hallway to talk so I wouldn't hear.

I hate how I am being seen as the enemy when hubby and I were the only ones who stepped up when Baby needed someone!!!!  Why are we all the sudden the enemy???  Because we want to keep him in a stable placement?

From here.....the TPR motion will be filed, I'm sure we'll go to trial.  Since we have had Baby so long we will be first in line to adopt (I am pretty sure about this one).  I think other than visits continuing as normal with Aunt/Uncle/bio-Dad that's it.  If Baby is going to leave it's going to be because Bio-dad got his stuff together and is getting Baby back.  Frankly, he's had 21 months to get a job and place to live and stay clean.  Nope...nope....and nope.....Now it's just a waiting game :)

7 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Can't even believe it!! I know I shouldn't be surprised, but man. I am just sooo thrilled!!!! THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR!!! It has come true!!! Praise GOD! Doing some celebrating on your behalf tonight :).

The Campbell's Journey said...

Yeah, yeah, and yeah! So glad that not only was a decision made but your baby is staying right where he needs to be!

MamaFoster said...

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cherub Mamma said...

Good news! What is best for Baby is what is happening. Praise God!

Karen said...

Wow! I had a recent situation where I also thought that things were not going to go as I had wanted, and I had accepted things for the way it seemed they were going to be. And now it seems that God is opening doors that I thought He had closed, and it makes it so much more amazing! I am so happy that it looks like the end is in sight for this case, and the beginning of Baby having a permanent family- I think if things were going to continue much longer you'd have to change his blog name! Praying!

Carrie said...

Such wonderful news! Praise the Lord!

StarfishMom said...

Woohooo! God showed up BIG TIME!!! Can't wait to hear more!! HE IS FAITHFUL!!!