Infant massage holds LOTS of benefits for a child that is in foster care (or not!)!
- Biggest for children in foster care is that the child's systems get regulated. After exposure to drugs, alcohol, abuse, neglect, etc their systems become very disorganized and this helps to regulate those systems.
- Bonding and attachment
- Helps them sleep (longer and deeper)
- Helps relieve constipation
- Aids in pain relief from gas and teething
- Helps the child's digestive and circulatory systems
These are just a few (of many!) for the child. Parents also benefit in bonding with the baby, learning to read the child, and relaxation for themselves! If you are a foster parent, definitely look into it in your area. You won't be sorry! Oh, and infant massage isnt' just for infants! My other kids are 3 and 5 and they still enjoy an "oil change" every now and then! It's a great time of communication and bonding :)