Saturday, November 26, 2011

Another chatty one!

I don't know how this happened, but God gave us 4 little boys who LOVE TO TALK!!!! If you know my husband or I, you know that we are not very talkative people. Most people describe us as shy or quiet. The other day my parents were in town and we drove across the state to a local attraction. We had to take two cars so I took the two big kids and the baby and hubby took my Dad and Little Man. My Dad by nature is a talker!! He'll talk to ANYONE! So when they got out of the car on the way home and he said "I think I found someone who talks more than I do! I couldn't get a word in edge-wise!" I knew that Little Man had told him anything and everything that popped into his little 2 yo brain for the past hour!

Baby is going to be no different it seems. He is a very LOUD child!!! Not only that, but at 9 months he already signs "more, all-done, milk" and he says "mama, dada, cracker, bubba, hi," and I swore that he tried to say "Grandma" and "Grandpa." I guess when you are totally immersed in language ALL DAY that is what is bound to happen :) He intently watches our mouths as we talk and tries to form the same word/words. We were playing with an old cell phone today as he held it to his ear I said "hi, dada!" and he said "i, da" I know some of you would not count that, but I do! We'll see if he can reproduce that sometime soon before an official "he can say two words together!" declaration is made :)

I love this stage of new language discovery...so fun!!!

1 comment:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

He he he.....totally funny!
I don't know if any of my kids could talk more than me?? Hmmm...some could definitely give me a run for my money though!