Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Acorn anyone?

We were happily driving Isaac to speech today...all 4 kiddos in tow.  We were 1/2 way there when I hear from the backseat "there's an acorn in my nose and I can't get it out!"  Me:"WHAT???????"  I tried everything I could think of to get that darn thing out!!  Pepper, pushing from the top, clogging the other nostril and having him blow...nada!  I ended up having to take Michael to the ER today where they were able to blow it out his nose with a lovely "pop" sound!  He told the nurse to go ahead and give it back to the squirrel.  Umm yeah...I don't think that squirrel wants a snot covered slimy acorn back! LOL!

This was his story.....
"Squirrels! TWO squirrels put da acorn in my nose Mom! They had a taste then put it in there to save it!" 

So his story is that 2 rogue squirrels hitched a ride to speech class with us today. 1/2 way there these 2 squirrels tasted the acorn and decided to stick it up his nose to save it for later. Oye! We were in and out of the ER in 1 hour...it literally took 1 second for the darn thing to pop out! I'm chuckling about it now, but I have a STRONG feeling that I will frequent the ER with this child more than any other! So far he's winning with 3 trips.  Baby has 2, Isaac has 2, and Andrew has 0! :)  

No comments: