Monday, September 10, 2012

Court results

Well, I guess it was a positive that our case was actually HEARD today :)  It became very clear after the CM testified that this was not going to be quick and easy.  The GAL's lawyer was there today and made the CM account for lots of things that were not completed and made it clear that the CM didn't really know her stuff.

The judge (who is very pro-family) commented that this child has been with us for a year and half and NOW the aunt/uncle are interested????  I was very happy to hear that.  Uncle tried to chime in and was shut down very quickly.  Oh...bio-Dad never showed up.

Next Uncle was called to the stand.  That was surprise!  The GAL's lawyer interrogated him and he was lost on dates and had no clue!  He backpedaled about lies he has told and said that the person (who was not there) was lying.  The GAL immediately asked for a continuance rebuttal against what the uncle just said.  SIGH!  She continued to ask questions.

Then I was called to the stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was not told this would happen and certainly did not expect it.  I was the only person to know all the details(thank you Holy Spirit!!)...when the original visits were, when they made contact with the CM again, when the visits started again, and when overnights started.  I know the judge took note of that :)

SOOOOOOOOOOO......................we wait another 22 days till Oct 1st when the hearing will be continued.  The aunt/uncle walked out FURIOUS that the judge wouldn't even listen to any of their banter and saying "if we are such bad parents then why do we have the other two?"  I walked out FRUSTRATED and THRILLED all at once!  I want a decision to made NOW but I will soak up any additional days with my Baby...that's for sure!!!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Praise God! I have never heard of anyone being asked to testify like that! I would have been a bundle of nerves but how amazing that your voice was heard. Every day that Baby has with you is a blessing. I'm praying he'll have this blessing forever!!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

I hear you!! So hard it is like a rock and a hard place. You want it to be over, but if there is a glimmer of hope that he can stay....you want that too!!!

Oh those memories flood my mind of our case that lasted 3 years......of this stuff. It was sooo hard, but take hope- YOU HAVE HIM!!!!!!

My kids started cheering when I said he was still with you!!!!!! We had been praying for God's hand of intervention on his behalf!!!! :)

The Campbell's Journey said...

I have to tell you, when I looked at the clock today at 9am and texted you I was praying, I was really at a loss of what to pray. My words were jumbled as I struggled with what today would bring for your family. I finally just prayed that the Judge's eyes would be open to the TRUTH! That "baby" would be where God wanted him to be. That you would be given a peace :)

I'm frustrated with you. I know what it is like to sit in the same.exact.place. for a whole year with no new answers. With a baby having one foot out the door. Ugh, its hard. BUT, God knows and He is always faithful! Love you my friend!!!

StarfishMom said...

Still praying for a HUGE MIRACLE!!! We serve a BIG God!!! Enjoy your time with him!

Maria said...

I'm so happy this judge did not make a snap decision and listened to you! Thinking about your family and hoping baby gets to stay. I get that biofamily is family- but you are baby's meant to be family.

sheldonanddenise said...

More time to pray.... and that we will do! Blessings, Denise