Saturday, September 29, 2012

Caught!

I planned to drop Baby off for his weekend visit with his aunt/uncle this morning and surprisingly the Aunt was actually there.  We chit-chatted for a moment and then Uncle opened a can of worms for the Aunt and off she went!  She vented for 20 min. about every thing on this case from the course it has taken, to the CM, to the GAL she hates and how she feels like their family is on trial.

She broke down and cried at one point saying that she thought that the case was not going in their favor and Baby would have a "family" and 25  more members across the city that he would never know about.  WHAT???  I told her that what her husband said goes for us as well.  IF we were to get to adopt Baby (which I don't think will happen) he will still know who they are and have connections with them.  I told her that either way he will always have two families...she didn't like that I called us his family.  I could see it in her eyes.  Her rant (which included throwing her husband under the bus in front of him..several times) included "her version" of events of the past (almost) 2 years.  I did a lot of listening and very little talking.  I'm not judging them, but at the same time I am not feeling sorry for them either.  We all make our own choices.  

I don't know how this case will end....I really don't!  I think Baby's going to live there.  She thinks Baby is going to live here.  Court has been rescheduled AGAIN for Oct 17th.  Aunt said today "I just want this to be over with!"  OH MY....she has no idea....I've been "doing" this case for 20 months....I'M READY!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Cherub Mamma said...

Understood!!
My hubby and I were both talking that we're ready for our case to be over with too. The State is going to send our cherubs to Dallas with their grandma. There's no getting around it. And as much as we love the children - there's no reason to not send them at this point. Well...other than the fact that grandma doesn't really care about them or want them. But since that is irrelevant to the State, then the kids should just go and get it over with.

Mama P said...

OY!!!! These BioFamilies...geez.

I am right there with you on being "ready," and we've only had Peanut for 10 months. Especially when you're SO close to the end of the season with each child(ren), it's hard not to shake a fist and shout "JUST MAKE A DECISION AND LET'S DO IT!"