Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Today's Visit

Little Man's case manager drops him off every week and I get to hear about how things went and what's new in the case. Today was very different for his mom and she thinks that there is probably some unknown mental issue that could be affecting her. In her note back to me I didn't do anything wrong this week (Whoa...1st time!) but she seemed very sad and depressed. I can only imagine not being able to see my child except for 1 hour per week :( He cries during their visits because he really doesn't know who these people are. She wondered if he does the same here. How do I tell her that he's happy and content here(minus the whole being sick/teething/normal baby stuff) without hurting her feelings? He was screaming his head off when he got home again today and I immediately picked him and he was quiet in seconds. His CM noted this on the weekly visit form. My heart breaks thinking about all that Little Man has already gone through, is going through, and will go through for the unforeseeable future :(

On another note though, bio-dad is really good with him from what I hear and is able to quiet him when he is crying, gets down on the floor to play with him, etc. I can't judge him, but his past choices have led to criminal charges, so is that really the best place for Little Man???? There seems to have been a riff in the relationship b/w bio Mom and Dad, so that could potentially add another wrench in his story....So many facets to it all and sometimes it's so hard to wrap my head around some of the possible outcomes. I can't live in the "what if's" though...I need to parent Little Man the way he needs to parented one day at a time and give the outcome to God alone!!!

Our next court date is Mid-February....

No comments: