Tuesday, April 20, 2010

WIC office

I went to the WIC office again this morning to pick up Little Man's checks. It is a blessing to have this supplement because he eats A LOT! It's always an adventure when I go to this building (it also has a clinic, pharmacy, etc for people of no/low income, so lots of people!).

In my devotions today I read Matthew 7:1-2 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in thesame way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the same measure you use, it will be measured to you."

I go to an office is downtown in a very shady area. It's difficult to go into a situation like the WIC office and not judge those sitting there. I have to go in with an attitude of prayer. As I was sitting there today lots of things were flowing through my head....God had an answer for each of them.

"How can you cuss like that in front of your youngs kids???" God answered for her...Because that's how my parents spoke in front of me. "How can you slap your child for wanting to be near you???" God answered for her...that's what my mom did when I wanted to snuggle. "How did those 15 year old boys end up in handcuffs, gloating as if they were proud to now have a record??" God answered for them...There was no one there to guide me at home. No one cares what I do. Why should I care?

I have been to the WIC office 3 times now since Little Man arrived. Everytime I leave that place I feel broken for all the people inside who don't see The Hope that so wants each and every one of them. God wants them to come to Him so He can speak kind and gentle words to them, caress their hair gently and hold them close, and be there to lead and guide them, to care about them and what they do. It would be really easy for me to change WIC offices to somewhere that is a little farther away, but much more in my comfort zone. As I was thinking about this on the way home though, I realized that it's not about my comfort AT ALL! God needs me (yep...lil' ole' me) to be in that office praying for those people and showing them Jesus through me! Yes, I will look at each visit with a new pair of lenses.....

No comments: