Thursday, January 27, 2011

Details...details....

Ahhhh....more details about LM's mom keep appearing and confirming more and more that the judge made the right decision (of course there was no doubt in my mind)! :) The only one I will share because I think it is so heartbreaking is the fact that when told what happened at court and that the next step was to take her parental rights to LM away she didn't even flinch...not even a little bit!!!!! I guess maybe she knew it was coming, but still!!! :( I don't dislike his birthmom/dad....I really feel sad for her (and dad)! They aren't appropriate parents right now that's for sure, but both of them have had a rough life. Both have learned behaviors/poor parenting skills from their own parents. Both were never taught what personal responsibility is. Neither learned independence skills. How can we expect them to all of the sudden be good parents????

I am excited to continue on this foster journey and daily I pray that our next placement (whenever that will be!) is going to be a happy reunion story! We didn't start fostering to adopt. We discussed in the very beginning that if the opportunity arose (like it is now!!) that of course we would say "yes" but the the intention was never adopt every child. That's not what foster care is about! I am excited to walk alongside a bio-parent who WANTS to get better and change her life. I want to see the happy story at the end where Mom (and Dad?) have really made an internal change and want to put their baby's needs/wants before theirs. I can't wait to see what God has planned for us next!!

On another note...yesterday I was talking to our FDS and she was asking about our profile. She said that it was noted that we only take BOYS! What??? I told her that it has never been that way and we have always been open to any gender/race. When she learned that she said that they are looking for respite for a child....so.....we we are going to do respite care for another foster family this weekend! It's a 2 month old baby GIRL!! The foster mom said she is the best baby ever and sleeps through the night, so I am excited about that! :) We'll see what the other kids think of her!

I was thinking the other day that when LM's adoption is finalized we will have one of each....(1) private/domestic (1) international and (1) foster care adoption :) Kinda neat!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Thatis sad but I kinda had that feeling that she knew it was coming and maybe she wants it all over with although sad is better for LM to be in a stable home. You know we love that little guy with all our hearts.

The House that Jak and Nick Built said...

I just found your blog and I'm already addicted. Thank you for this post. I'm going to start praying for God to restore the families we intersect with. We just started foster training and will get our 1st placement this summer. I'm already dreading the "good bye" but now I'll be hopeful for the restoration.

Our Journey said...

Congrats on the foster training! It's a wild ride that really no training (besides 'on the job') can throughly prepare you for, but it's soooo rewarding! There are frustrating parts, but it's all worth it!!