Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flexibility

I really don't think you can be a foster parent if you are not a flexible person...seriously! This morning I called the transporter to see if I could push LM's visit back a 1/2 hour because I have to take my son to the Dr. and this office is notorious for being so ssslllllooooowwww! By pushing it back I was certain I could be home in time. I scheduled during his visit so that I would only have to take 2 instead of 3. The transporter said that it was no problem and after all of my flexibility with him no matter if it were impossible, the answer would be "yes"! That was nice to hear. Great!

FF to 1 hour before LM was to get picked up. The transporter calls and says Mom has cancelled for today but wants to reschedule for tomorrow morning. Ummm....sure :( Now...I have the lovely privilege of taking 3 children to the slowest Dr. in the world with the tiniest waiting room. Such fun! From there we will go to the pharmacy, Costco, and back home to make dinner etc. I am so exhausted! LM hasn't slept through the night for a week with these horrible molars :( Poor thing (even with meds) holds the side of his head and just cries at times. I know it's not an ear infection because the Dr. just looked at them. Hopefully they break through soon....unforetunately based on his teething history this could be awhile :(

2 comments:

MamaFoster said...

i know how you feel...the ONE time that these "visits" come in handy the parents cancel.

dorks :)

Our Journey said...

Yep! LOL! She ended up cancelling again for today....:(