On to this afternoon. We had a joint visit with our FDS and Baby's CM. Baby's CM drops a nugget on me right away asking for Permanent Guardianship rather than adoption. A friend of our just went through this same scenario so I was well prepared knowledge-wise. Hubby and I already discussed this and it's a "no" for us. We love Baby with ALLLLLLL of our hearts but to live with that hanging over our heads and Baby's especially for the next 17 years is not an option for our family. I don't think that there is any family member that would be willing/able to do this for him. I know that Baby's sibling that lives with Mr. Wonderful Uncle has a PG with them, but that's different since they are actually blood related (in my opinion at least). We said that we would definitely love to give Baby permanency through adoption, but not PG.
Dad is still non-compliant...he has a little over a month before his case plan expires. When asked about this today he's still "looking into" places. She tried to express to him that he needs to do what he needs to do or Baby will be adopted by another family (she did not say us). I found out (from the GAL) the next staffing is April 17th. Our next court date is in June. So, although his plan expires on April 1st, nothing definitive will really happen until the beginning of June. Sigh....waiting some more!