Friday, April 13, 2012

Conversation in the car

For my kiddos every black man is Baby's uncle (they are in the car and see him when I do the transfer) or his Dad. I have to clarify that no, in fact that is not his uncle or Dad. I took the kids grocery shopping this morning and on our way out we saw a black man walking across the parking lot. This was the conversation that followed...

Andrew: Look! It's Baby's Dad!
Me: No, that's not Baby's Dad (they've never seen him)
Andrew: Oh, I meant it's his uncle! You know..the big fat, bald guy we see when we drop Baby off!

Ahhhh!!!! After explaining that his words were not kind and that would hurt Uncle's feelings if he heard him say something like that he replied with...

"Ok..I won't say it in front of him, but it's true. Mom, I can tell he doesn't eat healthy!"

At what age do children learn the art of tact?! Wait...don't answer that...I know too many adults who don't have any (all those stupid comments/questions we get as adoptive/foster parents!!) Well, we will do our best to teach this...at least he doesn't say things like this in front of people anymore like he did when he was younger.

2 comments:

Vertical Mom said...

I'm sorry but that's just funny!!

StarfishMom said...

Glad you answered your own question! LoL Just LOVE what comes out of the mouths of these kids!!