We got there and Baby freaked out! :( It was across the street from where we meet aunt/uncle and he knew something was up! He calmed down after he realized I was staying and of course the french fries didn't hurt either! LOL!
Basically we wanted Dad to know that he has options. I think after our meeting he realized that it's not looking good for him to get baby back because he's just in a hard place now (and no one sees that changing soon). So...in bullet format here is what the meeting was brought down to...
- Do not trust what anyone said UNLESS it came straight from them
- Dad WILL NOT give up his rights...he said they'd have to take them from him
- Dad does not have the disdain for aunt/uncle as I was told
- Dad wants baby to have a real relationship with his siblings
- Dad is appreciative of all we have done for baby and didn't want to hurt my feelings (don't worry...I assured him that we want what is best for BABY...it's not about US!)
- I love our GAL even more today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To sum up...I have this gut feeling that baby will leave us...court in June is going to be tough. I will be sure to have my Kleenex handy! I trust that we have done everything that we can do in our earthly power and no matter the outcome God will receive all the glory and we can have PEACE. Now of course I will be a blubbery mess, but I think that goes without saying!