Monday, August 13, 2012

Visits

Our re-licensure visit went pretty well.  I vented, I cried, we laughed and ultimately the kiddos lightened everything up :)  Our wonderful social worker asked the CM what we could expect on Wednesday as far as a transition and she said that they would be asking the judge for a transition plan based on how Baby is doing.  She said we'd go at his pace.  To make a long story short, I don't think that my perspective of how he is transitioning vs. aunt/uncles will match.  The CM said that of course she has to follow whatever the judge orders, so if she orders Baby be moved that day, then we have to comply.

Interestingly enough...aunt/uncle's home study expired at the beginning of June.  Guess where the CM was heading???  Yep...to do the home study!  I acted shocked and in disbelief and she acted as though it were no problem.  She'd get it done today, take 1 day for her supervisor to look at it (assuring me it would be approved) and be ready for court.  I *don't think* that the judge will order Baby directly to them because their backgrounds are not back yet, but then again...shoot!  Who knows?  Rules seem to be made to be broken in the system, so.....

The part that broke my heart was when Michael came over to Baby and I and said "{Baby} is my brother!" Awwwww.....yes, sweetheart he is!  Andrew, despite our efforts to keep things in the "maybe he's leaving" light came out and said "{Baby} is leaving our house."  There is no gray area for him...it's all black or white.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....I am so glad that we had a positive foster care experience (Michael's adoption) before crashing into this wall!  Whew....

3 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Praying for all of your hearts!!! Easy or not you have all done an amazing job with Baby!!! And that can not be taken away!!!!!!

God has seen and is PLEASED very PLEASED by your actions even in the face of loss!!!!!! THAT DOES NOT GO UNNOTICED!!!!!

Mama P said...

Ugh. I don't know what to say...I don't want Baby to go, either. I think the worst part is not knowing for sure. Will it be the day of court? A week later? A month later? It's hard to just wait on the exact day without knowing.

(((hugs)))

CandCFamily said...

Thinking of your family.