Thursday, December 31, 2009

Birthparent visit

Little Man is off to his first birthparent visit this morning. I have such mixed feelings about this! I know that the goal of foster care is reunification with his birth family and I PRAY that they really are going to work their case plan and be reunited, but at the same time it's been a month since he has seen her (and "acting daddy"). I wish I could be a fly on the wall right now. I am wreck right now waiting to hear how it all went!

I knew the call was coming this morning...I could sense it. The whole morning was "off" and Little Man screamed for 45 minutes (in my arms!) and never took a nap. The morning nap is usually his smoothest. His case manager called soon after he stopped and they are meeting right now.

I didn't realize how much just a visit with them was going to affect me. It's even affecting Mr. A's behavior. It's a very hard thing for a child to grasp :( It's part of the process, but that doesn't make it any easier. I can't imagine the basket case I'll be if/when he goes back to his parents permanently! It's amazing the bond that God can create in such a short amount of time :)

No comments: