Tuesday, December 8, 2009

More details...

Last night we had Little Man's first CPI visit. Basically she just came over to take his picture and ask if we had any questions. She wasn't able to tell us the whole story of what happened, but she did give us some more details about the situation and how he came into care happened. It totally breaks my heart! I can't share details here for confidentiality reasons, but please be praying for these children...not just Little Man, but ALL children in foster care! Based on what we were told, it looks like Little Man will be here for quite awhile.

Last night was a tough one! He wouldn't sleep unless I was standing up and holding him on my chest! Seriously, I got about 3 hours of sleep. I just keep thinking of things from his perspective and that definitely helps me to remain more patient and calm amidst the screaming-LOL! My husband said "That's a sight I'll never forget. You walking back and forth giving such love to someone else's child trying to calm him down." Awww :) I have toothpicks holding my eyes open today, but the baby is happy and the other kids are having a much better day today as well, so Praise God for it all!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I just love the updates! Thank you so much for sharing, but even more, for sharing the joy in your obedience to God!