Friday, July 13, 2012

He's staying

So I guess Bean is staying for ?????  I didn't get a call from placement today saying "do we need to pick him up or can you keep him longer?"  I didn't get a call from the case manager.


I did however get a call from the foster mom of his baby sister.  She said "you do know he can go to daycare right?  I can watch him on Saturday for you.  Is there anything I can do for you?  Placement said that he is leaving you today!"  So....placement was aware of our Friday "limit" but of course couldn't find anyone.  


The other foster mom is calling everyone she can (we both want to see the siblings together) as am I, but no one is available :(  Everyone seems worried about me....like I'm totally stressed out and overwhelmed and going to disrupt this placement.  I'm not...I'm just tired!  I can handle 5 kids...we're doing life just fine, I just want to sleep in my bed.  I want him to go longer than 2 hours without crying in the night and wanting a bottle.  The days are just fine.  Of course we are busy..I have 5 BOYS 8 and under... but it's been fine.  


I would hate to see Bean moved to a new placement now.  He has a super hard time adjusting and it would break my heart to hear that he's getting bounced around from placement to placement.  So...whether I have to sleep on the couch for the next ??? weeks or he (please God!) learns to sleep in a bed then that's what will happen :)  


This is not the way we had planned this. Baby will probably have a court hearing in the next 2 weeks and I have no idea how quickly this judge will say he has to move.  I guess we just kinda have to let go of the days that we had planned.  We thought he'd be our one and only foster for several weeks and then take some time to grieve before jumping back in.  Seems as though God had other plans.  Bean is here in our home for a specific, God given reason and so we move forward and wait to see what other things God has planned!



No comments: