Monday, January 23, 2012

Hmmmm....

So I got a text from the Uncle asking if we could do Friday instead. The siblings are school age so when I asked him about it, he said he's pick up Baby and have him all day until 3 when his wife and the siblings got home. CHECK! Something about that just seems very weird to me. Maybe I've just seen and heard too many horror stories about horrible things happening to children, but it just seems odd that he would want to all of the sudden visit with Baby and alone at that (it's a maternal aunt...not paternal)....I texted back that I thought an all day visit was way too much for Baby as he has NO remembrance of them and that would be very hard for a child experiencing stranger anxiety. I did not get a text back. I texted his case manager and told her what happened and asked for her opinion. I didn't hear back from her either. It all just seems odd!! I don't care if they don't like me...I'm here for Baby not to make friends with workers (although I have with some!) or aunts/uncles. I don't think they are thinking of Baby's best interest :-(

5 comments:

Mama P said...

That makes me so nervous too...I think I would not agree to that. How weird that he would plan to have Baby all by himself all day long! The more I think about it, the more angry I get about it. How many hours would that give the other children to be there with Baby? Not very many I'm assuming...

Why do they even get visits in the first place? That makes no sense.

Are you going to agree to the Friday?

Diane said...

Make sure the GAL knows.

MamaFoster said...

i wouldn't like that

t. marie said...

I'm your friend! Protect those cubs, mama bear!

Our Journey said...

Of course you are T!! :)