Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sweet relief!!!

Last night **seems** be to a turning point for our Little Grape!!!! I got 6 hours of sleep!!!!!!!! Oh Hallelujah!!!! At about 7:15 he was getting super fussy again so I gave him some Colic Calm (again..wonderful stuff!) and he was able to calm down and eat his bottle. He slept all evening (peacefully) and ate again about 10:30. He went right to sleep and slept till 1:30 when he wanted to eat again. He ate, went right back to sleep and woke up at 4:30 again to eat. Same thing...right back to sleep and slept till 7:30! I can handle those kinds of nights!! He didn't squirm in pain, he didn't cry all night...he SLEPT!

Although the colicky symptoms seemed to have subsided I still think he has reflux. It doesn't always come up, but you can tell it's in his throat.

After his 7:30 feeding he was awake and alert just watching the boys play. It was amazing :) It's so nice to see him comfortable and not in pain. The Dr. wanted me to bump his feeding to 3 ounces, but the most his little tummy will accept is 2.5 right now. Better than what was taking, so hopefully he starts gaining and gets back to his birth weight. He will be 2 weeks old on Monday! :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yeah. I am glad he is doing better and you are getting a bit more sleep. I hope this continues.